The Corruption Proofing Project (stage 2) was a follow-up of the pilot project the “Decreasing the level of corruption through civil society involvement in the legislative process" (corruption proofing - stage 1) and was implemented by CAPC from 1 October 2006 to 1 October 2007 under the Joint Project of the Council of Europe and European Commission against Corruption, Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing in the Republic of Moldova (MOLICO), co-financed by European Commission, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency and the Council of Europe.
The following activities were implemented under this project:
- development in partnership with CCECC of the Methodology for corruption proofing of the draft legislation and other regulations and their review by the experts of the Council of Europe;
- development of guidelines for corruption proofing of draft legislation and other regulations;
- corruption proofing of the draft laws (202 draft laws were reviewed, expert review reports No. 080-281);
- organizing training sessions for CCECC (1 training session);
- organizing training sessions for central and local public authorities (14 training sessions conducted in the southern and central rayons of the country);
- preparation and public presentation of the Study on the effectiveness of the corruption proofing mechanism.